ArtsPark Gallery-V “Quarantine Dreams”: Terms of Entry
- Art During Quarantine: During the current pandemic artists have been left without galleries, without our working artist community and often without inspiration. Many of us are simply trying to shelter in place and take care of ourselves and our families. However, some of us have used this time to get busy in our homes and studios and create new work. This new online opportunity invites all who have been creating work to show it off. And if you need inspiration, perhaps this new exhibit will provide it. So go ahead, show us what you’ve been up to.
Juror: John Paradiso earned a BFA at the State University of New York (Purchase) and his MFA at the State University of New York (Buffalo). He is a mixed media artist and describes his work as metaphorical and based upon such issues as identity, sexuality, health, and love. He has work in private and public collections including the Kinsey institute and a portfolio of seven photographs in the National Picture Collection at the Library of Congress, (AIDS portfolio).
He is currently the Resident Artist-Curator at Portico Gallery and Studios in Brentwood MD, part of the Gateway Arts District, Prince Georges County.
St. Mary’s County Community Development Corp. and St. Mary’s County Arts Council are sponsoring this exhibit.
Submission is open June 1, 2020 through midnight June 26, 2020. The Exhibit will be online for viewing by August 1, 2020. Awards will be announced at that time.
Rules and Submission Guidelines
- Entry fee of $10 (flat fee paid via PayPal for 1 or 2 pieces submitted together), you will be redirected to PayPal after clicking submit.
- Submissions will be reviewed by the Juror.
- Submissions are limited to two per person.
- Anyone with art that has been created during the COVID quarantine may submit those pieces.
- You do not need to be a Maryland resident to participate.
- By submitting work you grant us the right to reproduce your work to promote this, or future exhibits, ownership rights of original work remain with the creator.
- Submitting work does not guarantee acceptance.
- Each file can be no larger than 3MB and should use the following naming convention: YourName.jpg or YourName.png
How to Apply
All entries must be submitted online using the form below.
We are sorry but this contest has ended.